FindeXer Installation Instructions
FindeXer is meant to be Installed manually. I myself prefer this method when installing applications on my machine over an .msi or .exe installer, with which I have no idea what gets on my HDD/Registry, nor what gets left there when I Uninstall.
Before you proceed, I urge you to read the Readme file that came along in the downloaded archive.
To install FindeXer (A first time user):
- Unzip the contents of the file you downloaded to the directory in which you want FindeXer to remain.
- Double-click (Execute) on the file named Register.bat. FindeXer is an Extension Application for Windows Explorer, and therefore needs to import some keys to your registry â€“ they WILL BE REMOVED when you Uninstall FindeXer.
- At this point you may either restart your computer or simply restart Explorer.
You may restart explorer by opening up Windows` Task Manager (by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del ), then killing the Explorer process and starting it over.
– If you already have a previous Version of FindeXer, please unregister and delete it prior to installing the new one.
To uninstall FindeXer :
- Double-click (Execute) on the file named Unregister.bat. This will remove all Registry Keys imported while installing.
- Delete all of the files within the Directory you Unzipped FindeXer to.
- Delete the Directory.
- If you encounter ANY problems while installing â€“ please refer to the Readme for more information.
- FindeXer requires Microsoft’s latest C Runtime Libraries â€“ which can be downloaded here.